Limits: Up to $65 million
Minimum premium: $1,000
Deductible: No retention or deductible
Availability: In all 50 states and the District of Columbia (non-admitted in SD and WA).
Target Risks: Organizations of any type and size including private companies, public companies, academic institutions, hospitals, non-profits, engineering firms, NGOs, houses of worship, tech firms, and high net worth individuals and families.
- Unlimited fees for services provided by Control Risks for insured events
- Worldwide coverage with separate limits for ransom, transit, additional expenses, legal liability and personal accident
- Annual, trip or multi-year policies available
- 10% of annual premium available towards loss preventative security services offered by Control Risks - pre-approval by underwriter required.
- Additional expenses covered such as: medical expenses, psychiatric care, temporary workers, rest and rehabilitation and public relations consulting
- Enhancement options available to a wide range of risks including academic and healthcare
- Exclusive endorsement available with increased coverages
Who Is Covered?
- All directors, officers and employees of insured
- Family members (including spouse, domestic partners, extended family)
- People who reside in the insured person's household
- Guests in the home of insured person
- Guests and/or customers of assured on insured's premises or in insured's transport
- The person negotiating and delivering ransom
What Events Are Covered?
- Kidnap: An actual or alleged kidnapping of an insured person for ransom
- Extortion: Threat to assured and/or insured person(s) for demand of ransom, including threats against the insured person, property, trade secrets, and computer data
- Products Extortion: Threat to assured's products for demand of ransom
- Detention: Holding under duress of an insured
- Hijack: Any aircraft, motor vehicle, railroad train, or waterborne vessel on which the insured person is traveling
What Losses Are Covered?
- Ransom (up to full policy limits) - Includes cash and/or marketable goods surrendered by or on behalf of the insured in connection with an insured event
- Transit (up to full policy limits) - Includes damage, destruction, disappearance, confiscation or wrongful abstraction of ransom while being delivered
- Legal Liability (up to full policy limits) - Includes those costs incurred as a result of any action for damages brought by or on behalf of an insured person as a result of an insured event. Defense costs are in addition to the limit of liability
- Personal Accident ($250,000 per insured/$1,250,000 aggregate) - death, loss of limb, loss of sight, loss of extremity, or permanent total disablement of insured person as result of insured event
- Additional Expenses (up to full policy limits
Download a printer-friendly version.