Public Entities

Although most public entities buy primary insurance or participate in self-funded insurance pools for their liability coverages, many larger entities have the financial resources to retain a significant amount of their claim losses. When these entities are able to manage their own claims-handling or hire a claims adjusting firm, they can often save money over a several year period by self-insuring losses to a predetermined dollar figure, then purchasing excess insurance to apply above that loss retention amount.

We have more than 30 years' experience working with cities, counties, special districts, schools and colleges throughout the U.S. Our focus includes providing underwriting consulting and administrative services to public entity pools, and assisting retail insurance brokers in finding markets for their public entity and school clients.

Public school 200x200

From a one-time consulting project to comprehensive underwriting and policy administration services for workers' compensation, liability and property pools, we provide a wide range of services for public entity clients.


Learn More

Public official 200x200

Insurance coverages public entities and schools need can be more difficult to procure than others. We help retail insurance agents find insurance coverage for specialty exposures for their public entity clients to provide for their complete needs.

Learn More

Public entity 200x200

Public entities who buy primary insurance often want higher limits of liability than their primary insurer can provide. We help retail insurance brokers find excess insurance for their public entity clients. We use only recognized, A rated insurers that meet your clients' financial security requirements.

Learn More


Ann Ruot
(713) 787-2437

Mike McClanahan
(713) 787-2431

Scroll to top